Training camp and outdoor selection camp
It is with a HUGE pleasure that the ABAA has received the approval of Baseball Quebec and the City of Gatineau to begin our baseball activities. It goes without saying that in the current circumstances, the safety of all is essential. Baseball Quebec organized the season into 6 different innings, depending on the evolution of health measures. Currently, we have the right to start the first 2 innings.
It is essential that all parents are aware of the different measures put in place and ensure the continuity of baseball throughout the summer!
We ask players to arrive 5 minutes before the start of the activity. The players will have to disinfect their hands and our “Mr / Mrs Net” will ask them 2 questions.
- Do you have symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, muscle pain, cough, and difficulty breathing?
Have you been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
If the player is U9 (atom) the parent must answer the questions. For U11 (Mosquito) to U18 (Midget), the player himself answers the questions.
Then the players will be assigned to one of the four sections on the field.
Other security measures
- Wearing a mask for all help present on the field and participants from divisions U11 to U18 (10 years and over) is compulsory.
- It is forbidden to share your equipment (helmet, bat, water bottle).
- It is forbidden to mix with participants from other groups on the field. You must stay with your bubble.
- Parents cannot remain gathered around the field.
Since health measures are changing rapidly, the ABAA has prepared a schedule until May 2. You will find a document “ABAA- Groups phase 1” with the various bubbles, the dates and times of the activities on the ABAA website (https://www.aylmerbaseball.com/en/files.html). Please check this document often in case of updates. All activities will take place on the synthetic field of l’École secondaire Grande-Rivière (100 rue Broad).
It is important to note that players who are still in the “AA” process are not included in the bubbles. The players will be integrated into the bubbles of our association in the event that they are cut from the "AA" process.
Your child needs a baseball helmet with two ear protectors, a baseball glove, a bat * and running shoes (for the first few weeks we are on artificial turf).
* If required, we will have bats available to lend for the session.
In case of rain
We'll post a message on our Facebook page and web page to give you directions.